Thursday, July 30, 2009

Zucchini Quiche

...to stick with Holly's zucchini theme. :)

So, I have to admit, I've had quiche only one other time and I absolutely hated it, but this quiche is another story! For our dinner group, I made this Wednesday night as my vegetarian entree, but it is delicious for anyone! Please, don't be afraid to try it, it is simply delicious and you could very easily add any additional ingredients to your liking.

Zucchini Quiche

1 deep dish pie crust
2 Tablespoons butter
1 pound zucchini (1 -3 zucchini depending on size)
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup half and half
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
paprika (for garnish)

Preheat oven to 425. Pick holes in bottom of pie crust; bake for 7 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.

Saute zucchini in butter. Meanwhile, combine the rest of the ingredients. Drain zucchini and place 1/2 in the bottom of pie crust. Top with half of the cheese. Carefully pour egg mixture over zucchini and cheese. Top with remaining zucchini and cheese. Garnish with paprika. Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

I do apologize for not having a picture, but we were a little late with getting supper on the table for everyone and I forgot my camera. There also wasn't any leftovers to photograph it after supper! I will make this again, and I'll be sure to take a picture then and post it. :)

No comments: