Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Zucchini Casserole.

Sorry to keep you with all these zucchini recipes, but we have three mounds and, even with little rain, they are kicking it in high gear. Plus zucchini is good and good for you!

This recipe was handed down to me by mom. I've made it ever year since I can remember. And, you can make it fairly healthy by using reduced fat or fat free products!

Zucchini Casserole
6 cups sliced zucchini
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 cup sliced carrots
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
1 large can of chicken (I know it sounds scary, but it's found by the canned tuna and really not that bad. You could use chicken breast if you prefer)
8 oz. package stuffing mix
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese


Cook zucchini, onions, and carrots in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain well. Combine soup, sour cream, and chicken. Fold in veggie mixture. Melt butter in a 9x13 pan. Add the stuffing mix and combine. Leave 2/3 stuffing in the pan. Set aside the rest. Spoon veggie/chicken mixture over the top of the stuffing in the pan. Sprinkle remaining stuffing and mozzarella cheese on the top. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.

This recipe is really easy. Asides from preparing the veggies, it comes together very easily! A side dish is not really necessary, but you could add a side of green beans or asparagus if you'd like.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm excited to try this one :)

Heidi Marie said...

This recipe is definitely one of my favorites! :) I might just have to make it this weekend...

Kaiti said...

I just happen to have zucchini from my mom's garden! The recipe is being printed as I type!