Sunday, July 26, 2009

Zucchini Egg Bake.

I really wasn't kidding yesterday when I talked about zucchini overtaking my diet. Today it is a zucchini egg bake! I threw this together yesterday, let it sit in the fridge overnight, and baked it this morning. So nice to be able to have a hearty Sunday breakfast without having to do any of the work on Sunday!


The basis for this recipe can be found on www.simplyrecipes.com. I altered the recipe to my liking (and the ingredients I had on hand). Turned out wonderful. I will definetly make this again in an effort to keep up with my zucchini plants and my basil and my tomatoes!


Zucchini Egg Bake
8 eggs
1.5 cups cottage cheese
1 cup shredded parmesan
dash of salt
1 tsp pepper
3 cups grated zucchini
3 medium sized tomatos - cut into chunks
20 basil leaves - cut into fine strips
4 slices of bread - cut into chunks

Beats eggs. Add cottage cheese and beat until well blended. Mix in parmesan, salt, and pepper. Remove excess water from zucchini (I squeezed it - about a cup at a time) and add to egg mixture. Remove some water from tomatoes (I slightly squeezed the chunks in a couple pieces of paper towel) and add to egg mixture. Mix in basil and bread chunks.

Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Pour mixture into dish. Refridgerate overnight or bake immediately. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes; increase heat to 425 degrees for an additional 15 minutes. Let set for a few minutes after baking and enjoy!

No comments: