Saturday, July 4, 2009

White Chocoloate Raspberry Scones.

A while back I saw a blueberry buttermilk scone recipe in a Martha Stewart Living recipe. I wanted to rip the recipe out, but it called for cutting in cold butter - something I am not that good at. So I took scones off of my "to bake" list.

Yesterday I went and picked raspberries. I made some freezer jam, froze whole berries, and kept some out for eating now. As I thought about the raspberries I remembered a white chocolate & raspberry scone I had eaten at a bakery a while back.

That was it. I browsed tastespotting to find a scone that did not require cutting in cold butter. This is what I found: BLUEBERRY SCONES. Melted butter? I can handle that!!!


White Chocolate Raspberry Scones
(adapted from the recipe linked above)
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 c. butter, melted (stick and a half)
2 eggs, beaten1/4 c. milk
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a large bowl and mix well.
In a small bowl, stir together butter, eggs and milk. Pour into flour mixture, and mix just until combined. Fold in raspberries and white chocolate.
Turn dough out on a floured surface. Form into a 9 inch circle and cut into 8 wedges. Transfer to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Makes 8 large scones. Cut into small wedges for a smaller scone and/or to feed more people.


And, yes, I did make blueberry ones too. I used a full cup of blueberries in those.

Happy 4th of July!!

No comments: