Sunday, November 21, 2010

Peppermint Mocha Pudding Cookies & A Holiday Announcement.

I like peppermint on a very limited basis.  That being said, one of my limited likes is a peppermint mocha from the local coffee shop.  Yum!  (I need to wait until after Thankgiving though - currently enjoying the pumpkin spice lattes!)  

I did not wait to begin my Christmas baking though!  My garage is turning into a freezer so I figured I would  take advantage of that and get a head start on the cooking making...which brings me back to peppermint mocha...this time in cookie form!  


I was first introduced to this concept from Heidi as part of our annual cookie exchange.  Heidi makes hers as variation of the "A Twist from The Ordinary" recipe, but I can never get mine to turn out like hers.  That was...until I developed my own version.

Peppermint Mocha Pudding Cookies
(recipe by Holly)

2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar (packed)
1 small package sugar-free chocolate fudge pudding mix
1 small package sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 package Andes Creme De Methe or Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips

Beat butter and sugar.  Add dry pudding mixes and beat until blended.  Add eggs and mix well.  Add flour and baking soda and stir until blended.  Stir in baking chips.

Drop by tablespoon on baking sheet.  Bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Cool and enjoy!


...and now, my holiday announcement...

This year we'll continue The Twelve Guest Bloggers of Christmas.  I'm so excited to see what these ladies have to share!  Keep a watch this week for a list of participants!

2 comments:

Heide Mc.™ said...

These cookies sounds great. Nice twist using pudding for this.

Danielle said...

Yum(: I love how the recipe is so simple. It looks really good! Thanks for stopping by my blog.