Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Twist from the Ordinary



This cookie recipe comes from a classic recipe that I learned/developed while at work. I make this with one of the residents every time I go back to work for a special treat. :)

The original recipe is as follows, but I made several alterations that I will share with you at the end!

Pudding Cookies

2 sticks butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 small box vanilla pudding (not prepared)
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/4 cups flour
1 package chocolate chips

Combine all the ingredients and bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

The best part of this recipe is that it can be altered in so many ways. The cookies I made today (pictured above) I used chocolate pudding instead of vanilla and used green and blue M&M's in addition to chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. I also added about 1/2 cup chopped almonds and then drizzled chocolate on top after baking. Another excellent alteration is using chocolate fudge pudding and Ande's crushed mints.

I hope you enjoy these and be sure to share any alterations you may choose to make to let us all know if it's any good!!

3 comments:

Holly. said...

Seriously. These are amazing. You are a genius and they are never quite as good when I make them.

Barb said...

I do think you owe Orpha a thumbs up for her imput...:) ALL varieties are very good!

Heidi Marie said...

Very true Mom. :) Orpha definitely deserves credit for these cookies. She's always my mixer when I make them at Miller Country Care. :)