Saturday, November 27, 2010

Nutter Butter Balls--Kaiti's version

My friend Gwen has turned me on to the amazing combination of peanut butter and chocolate. I have been obsessed since our friendship started a few years ago. So, when Holly asked me to be a guest blogger I immediately started brainstorming as to what I could share with everyone. I wanted something simple, timeless, and of course delicious!

Gwen has an amazing recipe for Peanut Butter Balls that she makes on our annual "Baking Day," however,  I needed to make it my own. With the help of a recipe from Bakerella, Nutter Butter Balls was born.



Nutter Butter Balls


Ingredients
1 package of Nutter Butter cookies
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
2 scoops of peanut butter, I used crunchy but creamy would work too
8 oz melted chocolate


Directions
1. Put all but 5 Nutter Butter cookies in a food processor. Save for later to garnish, although I ate mine too fast for that step!

2. Combine the crumbs and softened cream cheese in a bowl. Mix together. My KitchenAid came in handy or use the back of a spoon to make sure the crumbs and cream cheese are mixed well.

3. This is where I tasted it and decided it needed more peanut butter! I added 2 scoops of peanut butter and mixed again.

4. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. I then put them in the freezer for a few minutes to make sure they were firm enough to hold up the melted chocolate.

5. Meanwhile, melt chocolate. I put the chocolate squares in the microwave for 15 second intervals and stirred.

6. Drop the Nutter Butter balls into the melted chocolate and place on a cookie sheet. Once all the balls are coated in chocolate I put them back in the freezer.

7. Enjoy and I challenge you to eat just one!

3 comments:

Holly. said...

I can tell you WITHOUT making them I will lose your challenge OVER and OVER! :) I'll for sure be adding these to my list! Thanks for posting Kaiti!

Barb said...

These sound truely Amazing!!! Can't wait to try them:)

Alissa said...

These sound yummy Kaiti! PB and chocolate is the best! :-)