My friend Gwen has turned me on to the amazing combination of peanut butter and chocolate. I have been obsessed since our friendship started a few years ago. So, when Holly asked me to be a guest blogger I immediately started brainstorming as to what I could share with everyone. I wanted something simple, timeless, and of course delicious!
Gwen has an amazing recipe for Peanut Butter Balls that she makes on our annual "Baking Day," however, I needed to make it my own. With the help of a recipe from Bakerella, Nutter Butter Balls was born.
Nutter Butter Balls
1 package of Nutter Butter cookies
1 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
2 scoops of peanut butter, I used crunchy but creamy would work too
8 oz melted chocolate
1. Put all but 5 Nutter Butter cookies in a food processor. Save for later to garnish, although I ate mine too fast for that step!
2. Combine the crumbs and softened cream cheese in a bowl. Mix together. My KitchenAid came in handy or use the back of a spoon to make sure the crumbs and cream cheese are mixed well.
3. This is where I tasted it and decided it needed more peanut butter! I added 2 scoops of peanut butter and mixed again.
4. Roll into balls and place on a cookie sheet. I then put them in the freezer for a few minutes to make sure they were firm enough to hold up the melted chocolate.
5. Meanwhile, melt chocolate. I put the chocolate squares in the microwave for 15 second intervals and stirred.
6. Drop the Nutter Butter balls into the melted chocolate and place on a cookie sheet. Once all the balls are coated in chocolate I put them back in the freezer.
7. Enjoy and I challenge you to eat just one!