Sunday, May 24, 2009

Success! :)


Well, the recipe did turn out... as Holly commented on the previous post - it may just be a little dryer than the original.

Chocolate Cherry Almond Banana Bread

1 stick butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup mashed bananas
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. almond extract
2/3 cup chocolate chips
2 handfuls dried tart cherries
Cinnamon and Sugar

Spray large bread loaf pan with cooking spray and coat with cinnamon sugar. Combine rest of ingredients and bake in a 350 degree oven for an hour.

**This recipe is a nice change. Next time I make it, I will add the 1/4 cup of sour cream though!** :)

3 comments:

Holly. said...

sorry - you know i don't like chocolate and fruit together. however, maybe my blueberry banana bread would taste good with a hint of almond rather than vanilla...

Heidi Marie said...

The verdict is in... a roommate, a friend, my boyfriend an I all tried it... it really is delicious! :)

Nicole said...

It looks good to me! I love craisins in bread stuffs :)