Monday, May 4, 2009

Caramel Cashew Chocolate Peanutbutter Bars



I know the name is a mouthful but, trust me... these are delicious! :)

I was in the mood for all of these things, so I decided to come up with a fun recipe that incorporated them all. Here is the result!

Recipe:

Peanut Butter Cookie Bottom:

1 stick butter
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda

Combine all ingredients and bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes.

Topping:

11 oz. bag of caramels
1/2 cup milk
chocolate chunks
lightly salted cashews

While cookie crust is baking, heat milk and caramel until melted.

Once cookie crust is done, pour caramel mixture over crust and add chocolate chunks and cashews in the amount of your liking. Bake for 10 - 12 additional minutes.

Let cool and enjoy!! :)

4 comments:

Holly. said...

I just don't know if I like cashews. BUT, if I remember to pick them up at the store this week I will try these. I'll probably remember (due to the pb and caramel). :)

Barb said...

9 x 13 Pan I take it? I will have to pick up some carmels and cashews when I go to the grocery store next cuz I love the sounds of this recipe except for the peanut butter crust that is a little iffy!

Heidi Marie said...

Yes, 9x13 pan. And, peanut butter crust is not iffy... it's delicious! :)

Barb said...

O.K. I will try them for the Week-End, I like Peanut Butter just not so sure with Cashews...a little scarey! But all of the recipes are good so how can I go wrong.