Thursday, May 21, 2009

Kit Kat Bars.

Each year for my boss's birthday I have been making her a special treat. This year I went with Kit Kat Bars. I'd been wanting to make these for about a year - no lie!! But, I thought they were a lot of work. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy cooking/baking things that take a lot of work, but I have to be in the right mind set.

After making these I realized they really are not that much work! And since they only require a stovetop and not the over they will definetly be on my summer treat list!

Kit Kat Bars.
(from my church's cookbook)

2 sticks of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 cups finely crushed graham crackers
1 box waverly crackers (I used club orginal)
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup chocoloate chips
2/3 cup peanutbutter
Boil butter, sugars, milk, and crushed graham crackers together for 5 minutes - stirring often. Place a layter of crackers on the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Spread half of the boiled mixture over the crackers. Place another layer of crackers. Spread the other half of the boiled mixture over the crackers. Place another layer of crackers over top. Melt chips and peanutbutter. Spread over the the top. Refrigerate at least three hours before cutting. Keep refrigerated.

3 comments:

Risa said...

I would have thought these would have been a lot of work too. They look great!

junko said...

yum! these sound good. Ive never heard of them before and can't wait to try them!

Robyn said...

I made these for work and they were very yummy. Didn't think they were difficult or time consuming to make either.

Thanks for sharing!