Sunday, May 24, 2009

Banana Bread

The best banana bread I have ever had is my Aunt Debbie's recipe. I had some ripe bananas and decided to make her recipe but switch it up a little bit because that's just what I like to do! Unfortunately, after it has been baking for about a half hour, I remembered that I forgot to add one of the key ingredients: the sour cream!

So, I will share with you first, my Aunt's recipe and will later decide if my "flopped" recipe will be anything worth sharing!

Banana Bread

1 stick butter
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
salt (a pinch)
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup mashed bananas
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. vanilla

Combine ingredients, place in large bread pan and bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Enjoy! (And don't forget the sour cream!) :)

2 comments:

Holly. said...

hey missy, you bread should turn out...it just might be a little dry. share the recipe. i need to do something with my bananas.

Barb said...

yeah funny thing about recipes if you follow them they tend to taste like the ones you really fell in love with.;) Love Ya!