Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mushroom Pasta Pilaf.

This is a different take on traditional rice pilaf recipes. Since my husband does not like rice I have taken a pasta pilaf recipe that my mom found and adapted it the ingredients I had and our tastes.

While I find this dish enjoyable, I'm still not sure the husband will be impressed...see those slices of onion and chunks of mushroom...I think he'll pass, but if you like these two ingredients - it is a must make side dish which accompanys beef wonderfully.

Edited to Add: Gary surprised me and really enjoyed this dish! You, too, must, try it!

Mushroom Pasta Pilaf.
(Serves 6-8)
1 small onion - sliced or chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup butter
1 1/3 cup small pasta
1 can beef consomme
1 1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
salt & pepper to taste

Saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pasta is tender and the liquid is absorbed.

No comments: