Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reuben Pizza.


First things first...if you don't like sauerkraut, you probably will not like this pizza.  Swiss Cheese?  Same story.  How about Thousand Island Dressing?  No?  Do you like Reuben sandwiches?  If not, you might scroll down and look for other recipes!!

But, if you are still with me I'm excited to share this pizza recipe with you.  I think you'll enjoy it!!  I find it a tasty alternative to tradition pizza and actually prefer it to the sandwich!  Although, to some extent it's kind of just like an open face Reuben...but without the crunchy toast that sometimes cuts up your mouth!!


Reuben Pizza
(Recipe Adapted from My Mother-in-Law)
1 pizza crust (I love making the Now & Later Crust from King Arthur Flour - if making your crust from scratch as I did - add some rye flour to your dough!)
1/2 bottle thousand island dressing
1-2 cups sauerkraut
1 package thin sliced corned beef or pastrami
2-3 cups shredded swiss cheese

Prepare pizza crust (from scratch or store bought).  Spread dressing evenly on top of the crust.  Then sauerkraut, meat, and cheese.  Bake in a 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to brown along the edges.


I promise you will like this pizza if you like the ingredients.  If you don't, I really doubt it will work for you.  My husband was kind enough to try a bite, but his dislike for sauerkraut was too much and this just wouldn't work.  I'm happy to work on the leftovers and actually make my pizza smaller than normal knowing that I'd be the only one enjoying it!

2 comments:

angie and andy said...

I am trying to print this recipe, can I do that or do I have to hand copy it off this blog. Thanks Angie

Holly. said...

Angie, I've added a printing feature!! Just take a look underneath the "You Might Also Like" area!