Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Magic Cookie Bars.

Today I bring you an easy dessert recipe: "Magic Cookie Bars." These have an uncanny resemblance to "7 Layer Bars."  The thing of it is...I don't like all of those seven layers.  So as not to confuse people I'll stick which the Magic Cookie Bar terminology.  I could also call them the Clean Up My Baking Chip Bin Bars since that is exactly what I do each and every time I make these.


Magic Cookie Bars.
(Recipe by Me...Adapted from SO MANY Sources)
1 stick butter
1 1/2 graham cracker crumbs
1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
3 cups of baking chips (milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, butterscotch, white chocolate, vanilla, peanutbutter)

Turn oven to 350 degrees.  Place 9x13 baking pan with stick of butter in the oven as it is heating.  Check pan often and remove once butter is melted.  Evenly pour graham cracker crumbs over the butter.  Press the crumbs into the butter to form a crust.  Evenly pour sweetened condensed milk over the crust.  Top with the chips and carefully press them down into the milk.  Bake for about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool completely.  Cut and serve!


Go ahead and make these.  You'll feel good about yourself for cleaning up your baking cupboard!  Not to mention they are delicious with very little effort!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Why do I come here when I'm at work with no lunch to comfort me? Sigh. I shall think of these the rest of the day.

Holly. said...

I will send you lunch. What are you hungry for?? :) Actually, hoping to make some granola bars today...I'll send one to you for reals!