Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pizza Dip.

Recently there was a birthday celebration at work.  When I asked what I could bring, the response was: some kind of dip.  I took the opportunity to put my own twist on a recipe that I had recently spotted on pinterest.

Pizza Dip
(Recipe Adapted from What's Cooking Chicago)
1 package cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic
1 1/2 cups pizza sauce
1 cup mozarella cheese
1 cup garlic cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 pound italian sausage (prepared)
1/2 small can mushrooms
1/4 cup onions
1/4 cup diced tomatoes

Beat the cream cheese until smooth; add oregano, parsley, basil, and garlic.  Mix until well combined.  Spread cream cheese mixture on the bottom of a pie plate.  Sprinkle with a quarter of each of the cheeses.  Carefully spread pizza sauce on top of the cheese.  Layer with another quarter to half of the cheeses, sausage, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes.  Top with remaining cheese.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes (until cheese begins to brown).  Serve warm with crackers.  I used herb flavored Ritz and thought it was a perfect fit!  I think it would also taste good with some crusty french bread.

2 comments:

Kate Botwinski said...

Can we say YUMMM?!

Barb said...

This sounds soooo good so why haven't I had this one yet????