Sunday, November 22, 2009

Partridge In A Pear Tree

First of all, thanks Holly and Heidi for letting me share a recipe on your cooking blog. I feel so famous now. :)

No, my recipe does not have anything to do with a partridge, but you will need a pear off a tree for this wonderful Winter Salad!

This dish is a great salad to make in the Winter or for the holidays. I usually make it for my family Christmas get together but have decided to try it for Thanksgiving this year, as if for either holiday we need more food. But it's salad, so it's healthy right, there's always extra room for healthy?!

No picture yet, but I will try and get some shots when I make this Thursday. But, believe me it's delicious. Make it and you will not disagree.

Winter Salad

* 1 large bag of romaine lettuce (chop into bite size if needed)
* 4 oz shredded Swiss cheese
* 1/4 cup Craisins (but I like to sprinkle extra in)
* 1 cup chopped cashews
* 1 apple cubed
* 1 pear cubed

You should mix all these ingredients together and refrigerate.

Dressing:

* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/3 cup lemon juice
* 2 tsp finely chopped onion (optional)
* 1 tsp Dijon honey mustard
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 2/3 cup oil (canola of veg.)
1 Tbsp poppy seed

Mix and add the dressing just before you serve the salad.

Enjoy and Happy Holidays!



4 comments:

Holly. said...

Yay!!! Thanks Robyn! :) This sounds DELICIOUS! I think I figured out what I am taking to Thanksgiving AND Christmas!

Heidi Marie said...

Robyn,
Thanks so much for being our first holiday guest blogger! :) This recipe sounds VERY good. I'm excited to try it. :)

Barb said...

Robyn~
Can't wait to try this one, sounds like it will be soon! Have a Great Thanksgiving and tell Ryan "Hi" and congrats to the two of you on the up coming little bambino!

Robyn said...

Aww, thanks ladies, I hope you enjoy it.