Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cranberry Citrus Relish.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Did you forgot to get cranberry sauce? It's OK! Don't go making a special trip for it. You can do better than that...grab four simple ingredients you are sure to have on hand (and if you don't, try your neighbor!)


And the blog title, Mom Taught Us. SO appropriate here. I'm sure this was my first contribution to our family's Thanksgiving meal. When was that? Probably sometime before I was actually able to reach counter. That's right - it's that easy. And obviously that good that we are still making it!!


Cranberry Citrus Relish
(recipe from Mom)
1 pound fresh (or frozen) cranberries
2 medium oranges (rind and all)
1 medium apple (no need to peel, but you will want to take the seeds out)
2 cups sugar

Cut oranges and apple into chunks. Grind fruit, add sugar, mix, and enjoy! I like to top my turkey with this delicious relish.

And don't worry - as a child my mom would take care of the cutting for me!


2 comments:

Barb said...

oh yeah this is the best! you do know your sister made that for today don't you? Remember you could hardly crank on Grandma Happli's (your Great Grandma)old grinder!!! Happy Turkey Day!!!!

dyanna said...

Very interesting ! I like it.
Have a nice day.