Monday, November 23, 2009

Rocky Ledge Bars

Thanks for letting me share!



When Holly emailed me asking if I wanted to be a guest blogger for as part of the 12 Guest Bloggers of Christmas, I was honestly thrilled. I have never guest blogged before, so the invite was quite the honor. I was not sure what I was going to make, but I knew it had to be something delicious because I did not want to disappoint. Conveniently my fiance bought me a copy of Martha Stewart's Cookies for my birthday a couple weeks ago which gave me plenty of options. I wanted to bake just about everything in the cookbook, but these bars were screaming to be made. The original recipe calls for caramel, but I did not start baking these until 9pm and did not feel like running to the store. I left out the caramel, added some peanut butter chips, and halved the amount of white chocolate. These bars are perfect for any baker who has several opened bags of miscellaneous chips stored in the pantry. You can really throw anything in them and they are incredible! They stayed fresh for several days and because they are bars, they will ship well if you plan to ship holiday goodies.

Thanks for letting me share!

Rocky Ledge Bars
Adapted from Martha Stewart Cookies

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus more for pan
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1 1/2 cups packed dark-brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup miniature marshmallows
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix butter and brown sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until well combined. Mix in flour mixture until combined. Fold in half of each of the marshmallows, chocolates, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter chips.


Spread batter in prepared pan. Scatter remaining marshmallows, chocolates, butterscotch chips, and peanut butter chips on top. Bake until top is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack. Cool completely before serving.


Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.


5 comments:

Ingrid_3Bs said...

They look great Risa! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to print out the recipe!
~ingrid

Risa said...

Thanks for letting me share. this was a ton of fun!

Holly. said...

OK people, don't these look AMAZING. They come from Risa!! Come to my house this weekend - you can BELIEVE I will be making them! Thanks so much for posting Risa!

Heidi Marie said...

Thanks for the great recipe Risa! I always have half empty bags of odds and ends I'm looking to use up; and this recipe will do them justice! :)

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing! I just made these... I added slivered almonds and caramel bits and only 1/2 cup of butterscotch chips... They are yummy!