Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Dip.

Does anyone else prefer their pumpkin pie without the crust? So.much.better.that.way.

My first move upon receiving a slice of pumpkin is to remove the pumpkin from the crust. I then indulge in the season's best flavors. Luckily for me I have a husband with a sweet tooth who is willing to gobble up my crust along with his own selection of pies. And, yes, I say selection, because if there are five choices, he will have a piece of each.

Too bad for him I don't make pie too often. But, this Pumpkin Pie Dip is a good reason that I don't have to make pumpkin pie. This has all the flavors of pumpkin pie without the crust. I'm good with that.

Pumpkin Pie Dip
(recipe unchanged from my mom!!)
1 15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese (I use reduced fat/fat free)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 ground ginger

Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and beat until combined. Chill and enjoy with ginger snaps, graham crackers, or any other favorite dipping food.

And stay tuned for an exciting announcement coming soon!!!


4 comments:

Abigail said...

Holly! Thank God for this pumpkin dip recipe! I had this a few weeks ago and have been craving it since then and haven't been able to find the recipe. You rock! AND you've saved my weekend :-) - Abby H

Nicole said...

Yum yum. I don't really like pumpkin pie much, but I know I would like this. Oh and ginger snaps...haven't had some in forever but they're so good. Must. Have.

Nicole said...

What's the announcement?????

Holly. said...

Abby - so glad I could help you out!! Nicole - the announcement was the 12 Guest Bloggers of Christmas.