Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chicken Meatball Parmesan Sandwich.


This recipe came to me while driving to work one day.  I was thinking about the leftovers sitting in the refrigerator and how I really didn't want to eat them another day.  I considered treating the dogs, but know how much my husband hates it when we don't eat up the food I make.  And that's when it came to me: chicken meatball parmesan sandwiches.

Leftover chicken meatballs?  Check!  Leftover tomato sauce?  Check!  Honey Oat Bread?  Check!  Parmesan & mozzarella cheese?  Check!  Dried oregano?  Check!  That's all!

Chicken Meatball Parmesan Sandwich.
(Recipe by Me)
4 chicken meatballs per sandwich
1 or 2 slices of bread per sandwich
1/2 cup tomato sauce per sandwich
1/2 to 3/4 cup Mozzarella & Parmesan Cheese (shredded) per sandwich
sprinkle of dried oregano per sandwich

For open face sandwich (which is what I made), top one slice of bread with meatballs, tomato sauce, cheese, and oregano.  Broil in your oven until heated through and your cheese is melted and slightly browned.



Super simple!  And you can bet that I will set aside and freeze some chicken meatballs next time I make them so I can have them stashed for a quick meal this summer.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Looks like another terrific meal!