Sunday, April 3, 2011

Mixed Nut Bars.


Today I am happy to be sharing a family favorite.  I remember these being on the dessert table at family functions as long ago as I can remember.  And they are delicious.  So delicious that, in most cases, I will pass on anything with nuts nine times out of ten.  But these.  They are the one.

A big thanks to reader and facebook fan Angie who requested the recipe after sampling a pan that my mom made!  I am surprised that I haven't shared these yet!!



Mixed Nut Bars
(Adapted from Mom!)
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
6 ounces butterscotch chips
1/2 cup karol syrup
2 1/2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups mixed nuts

Mix flours, butter, and brown sugar until crumbly then press into a 9x13 baking dish.  Bake in a 325 degree oven for 10 minutes.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle nuts evenly across the top.  Melt butterscotch chips, syrup, and butter over low/medium heat until bubbly.  Pour evenly over crust.  Bake for an addition 10 minutes.  Cool.  Serve.

No comments: