Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Chicken Meatballs.

I really like meatballs. I don't know why. Usually I use beef, but recently found a ground chicken recipe that looked pretty appetizing. Appetizing it was!!
And, thanks to Gary joining me in the kitchen last night these came together fast! It was so nice having an extra set of hands in the kitchen - especially being I was freezing beans at the same time.

These are a healthy, quick, and easy alternative to traditional beef or pork meatballs. And, even better - they taste really good!


Chicken Meatballs
(adapted from Redbook Magazine)
1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon ketchup
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoon pepper
1 pound ground chicken (I could not find ground chicken at the grocery store, so I used my food processor to grind up some chicken breast - this way I also knew exactly what part of the
chicken was being "ground")
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
splash of olive oil

Combine breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs, milk, ketchup, cheese, pepper, and chicken. Form into balls. Heat a splash of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs until brown on the bottom (about two minutes); turn and brown the other side (about two more minutes). Add chicken broth, cover, and reduce heat to low. Simmer until the meatballs are
cooked through (about ten minutes).

Enjoy!!

No comments: