Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Raspberry Peach Cobbler.

I bought some peaches last week and let them sit out on the counter since they weren't quite ripe. All of a sudden they were all ripe and we couldn't eat them fast enough. I remembered making a peach cobbler in grade school as a project, but I wouldn't even know where to begin to find the recipe again. Instead I came up with this recipe after researching a bunch of other cobbler recipes.


Raspberry Peach Cobbler
2 cups fresh peaches
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
4 tablespoons shortening
1/2 cup milk

Combine fruit, sugar, and water in a saucepan. Heat. Combine cornstarch and cold water; add to fruit mixture. Cook until clear (about 3 minutes). Pour fruit mixture into a 8x8 baking dish.
Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Cut in shortening. Mix in milk. Drop by teaspoonful over fruit. Bake at 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve warm. With vanilla ice cream!
I must say I am not a fan of many "fruit desserts" but I really enjoyed this one! I liked the flavor of the raspberries paired with the peaches - it was a great combination.

No comments: