Monday, August 10, 2009

Banana Pancakes

Do you have some ripe bananas lying around? You'll want at least two... to make some banana pancakes! The banana flavor is just right - not too much, but not too little...

Here is an absolutely delicious and super easy recipe for banana pancakes...


Banana Pancakes

1 cup flour
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons oil
2 ripe bananas

Combine beaten egg, milk, oil and bananas. Add dry ingredients. Mixture will be a bit lumpy. Coat skillet with cooking spray and cook.


I told you it was simple. :)

I made these pancakes in the middle of the afternoon because I decided I needed to use up some of my ripe bananas. I tried one, to be sure they were delicious and then cooled and froze the rest to leave in Eau Claire for Lucas because very soon he will be fending for himself, as I will be home (in Mosinee) for my practicum. They froze very well; I cut wax paper squares to separate each of them. I also took one out of the freezer and reheated in the microwave to make sure they would still be delicious and it turns out that they were! So, Lucas will at least be able to eat a good breakfast for a few days even if I'm not there to cook for him. :)

1 comment:

Holly. said...

aren't you the best girlfriend ever. :) thanks for picking up the slack on the blog!