Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Garden Fresh Pizza.

A girl I went to high school with (hi Beth!) was telling me about how she made a pizza with pumpkin blossoms. I've been seeing a lot of blossoms on tastespotting and wondered what the hype was. A little fearful of "not liking" I decided to follow Beth's advice and incorporate them into a pizza.

Do you make your own dough when making pizza? I usually do. But, really, the reason I ask is because I want you to add a teaspoon of italian herbs next time you are preparing your dough. This may or may not require the addition of a little more water. Use your judgement. The italian herbs - they give the crust a great look and a little added taste.

Garden Fresh Pizza
Pizza Crust
Pizza Sauce
Everything and anything from the garden.
My list included:
Green Peppers
Onions
Squash/Pumpkin/Zucchini Blossoms
Eggplant
Zucchini
Mushrooms
Mozzarella Cheese
Sprinkling of Oregano

Bake until cheese is melted/preferred darkness and enjoy!

No comments: