Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Queso Con Carne.

Are you ready for the Superbowl?  My team is playing!  I'm so excited to be a Green Bay Packer fan and the fact that we are playing in the big game is finally setting in!  I can't wait to get my new t-shirts...one of which is featured in the video below:


You may wonder what the superbowl, football, or the Green Bay Packers have to do with this post.  Welllll...this dip kind of reminds me of the Packers since it is golden in color!  And it's a fast, easy, and delicious appetizer for your superbowl (or any) party.


The recipe is originally from my mom and has been in our family for a long time now.  It is the only way my husband will eat "spicy" food.  And it is the only way he eats the salsa I work so hard to make.  That says something!

Queso Con Carne.
(Recipe Adapted from My Mom)
1 large package Velveeta cheese
1 lb Italian pork sausage (cooked and crumbled)
1 pint salsa

Combine ingredients in a small slow cooker during to medium or low heat.  Stir occasionally.  Dip is ready once cheese has melted and ingredients are combined.  Serve with tortilla chips.


Go Pack Go!!

6 comments:

Mary | Deep South Dish said...

Ooooo, I love all the Velveeta dips!

Stopping by from Debbie's Crockpot Wednesday where I posted my link to Creole Chicken. Nice to meet ya - stop by sometime!

Barb said...

I actually first had this when our "Southern" Friend made it while she was up "North" but I adapted it to our location and products available at the time. It is still a great dip, gotta agree anything with Velveeta has to be good!

Julie Schooley said...

I love that you posted Fly Like A Cheesehead as your intro to the dish! I am going to make this for our superbowl party... i know my bro and hubby will love it! (they'll be actin like they won, actin' like they won!)

Mary Bergfeld said...

I'm busy with plans for Super Bowl as well. Your dip sounds perfect and I love how easy it is to do. I'm new to your blog and have spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day and may the better team win :-). Blessings...Mary

Unknown said...

A Super Bowl party is not complete without chips and dip! This looks like a yummy, cheesy recipe. :)

~Melissa @ Made in Melissa's Kitchen

Nicole said...

I totally agree! How can something with Velveeta not be good?! So what are you making for the SUPERBOWL?? I'm still trying to figure that out.