Friday, December 31, 2010

Taco Chicken Chili.

Guest Post from Michelle B:
The holiday season means family, friends, food.....and football!  I love to make Taco Chicken Chili for a football party and there is no bigger game this weekend than the Rose Bowl!  I am so excited to watch Bucky bring home a Rose Bowl win!  And speaking of winners--this recipe is one.  The best thing about it, other than it is super yummy, is that it is healthy!!  A serving is around 200 calories.  Serving it on New Years Day won't wipe out anyone's New Years Resolutions on day one.  This recipe makes a crock-pot full so there is plenty to go around.  You will score big when you bring this to your next football party!

Taco Chicken Chili

  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 16-oz can black beans
  • 1 16-oz can kidney beans
  • 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
  • 10 oz package frozen corn kernels
  • 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes 
  • 1 packet taco seasoning
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 24 oz (3-4) boneless skinless chicken breast
  • chili peppers, chopped (optional)
Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker. Place chicken on top and cover.Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.  Top with real WISCONSIN cheese and sour cream (adds calories, but is so yummy!!)

3 comments:

Holly. said...

All my ingredients are prepped and ready to go. I'm going to serve the chili in bread bowls (pending a success in that department). Can't wait for supper tonight!

Michelle K said...

Just got done with my 1st bowl of this - AMAZING! I can't imagine how much better the bread bowls with this would have been. Brock says this one is a keeper. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Perfect timing for this post. I am planning a football tailgate theme for my son's 1st birthday and just searched all over google for a chicken chili recipe. I guess I didn't need to do all of that work. I will let you know how it turns out after next weekend!