Thursday, December 2, 2010

French Bread Pizza.

I've been seeing a lot of French Bread Pizza lately.  I finally gave into my urge (looking most forward to the hunk of french bread) and got to work making my own French Bread Pizza.


The thing I like so much about pizza is that it gives me the opportunity to clean out the fridge and freezer.  Half a green pepper and half a fresh mozzarella/prosciutto log - yes, please.  Partial package of pepperoni and frozen (but prepared) italian sausage - yup!  It's that easy.  Even if you don't have toppings to clean from the fridge and freezer - it's still easy.  And how could I forget - it's completely adaptable.

French Bread Pizza
(Recipe by me)
1 loaf of bread french (cut in half the long way)
1 can pizza sauce
3-4 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
Desired toppings

Top each half of bread with desired amount of pizza sauce.  I used about a little over half the can - reserving the rest for dipping.  Sprinkle evenly with cheeses and other desired toppings.  We had slices of the mozzarella/prosciutto/basil log along with italian pork sausage.  Cook in a 375 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and a little browned.

No comments: