Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stuffed Crust Pizza.


I can't believe I haven't shared this recipe with you yet!  Although I guess it is more of a technique than a real recipe, but I promise you will enjoy it!  We make it a few times each year and it holds a special place in my heart because it was the first pizza I made for Gary on Valentine's Day six years ago.  We've had homemade pizza on Valentine's Day ever since.  It's tradition.


Stuffed Crust Pizza.
(Recipe by Me)


1 pizza dough (homemade or store bought)
1 package string cheese (best if you buy the multi-pack and not the individual ones that require you to open each one)
Pizza sauce
Desired pizza toppings

Press pizza dough into desired shape forming extra dough along the edges.  A heart shape is always a good choice!  Press whole string cheese pieces along the edges covering the cheese with the dough.  Top with pizza sauce, cheese, and other desired toppings.  Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is cooked as desired.



That easy!  And tasty!  I can't wait for leftover night!!

No comments: