Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Grape & Pretzel Salad.

My cousin Amber (hi!!!) made this for another cousin's wedding shower. It.was.so.good. It's similar to another recipe I have and love... Nothing beats the sweet/salty combination of pretzels baked in sugar/butter!


Grape & Pretzel Salad
(from Amber Hiller)

8 oz. cream cheese
16 oz. sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 large containers of purple or red grapes
2-3 cup crushed pretzels1/2 cup sugar1/2 stick melted butter
caramel sundae topping

Beat cream cheese. Add sugar; beat until combined. Add sour cream; beat until combined. Add grapes and gently stir until combined.

Put the pretzels, sugar, and melted butter in a bag; shake to combine/coat. Put on a cookie sheet (covered in parchment paper) and bake at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes. Watch carefully as this burns easily.

Put a layer of grape mixture in bowl, layer of pretzels, and drizzle caramel sundae topping. Do another one or two layers. Refridgerate until time to serve!

I used my trifle bowl for this, but you could use any serving dish. Amber used a really long shallow bowl...think huge banana split bowl :) It looks really good in that container as well. I made this twice this weekend - once with the caramel and once without. Although I really didn't use a lot of caramel, I still recommend using it. Just gave it a little sweeter flavor (I like my sweets!).

Although this has been served as a side dish, it could easily double as a dessert!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I've never had a desert with pretzels, but I can guarantee that I would like it. I saw a recipe on a food network show recently that I really would like to try. I'll have to find it online and pass it onto you. It has a pretzel crust.

Shirley said...

My girlfriend just told me she had this at work, so I immediately headed to Google to search it out. So glad I found your recipe, can't wait to make it for the family!