Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Creamy Cucumbers.


Let's step back to summer for a moment. Back to when cucumbers are in abundance. My favorite cucumber dish? Creamy cucumbers. Everyone makes them. And they always taste good. The problem - no one measures anything. So when I try to make them they don't turn out.

A while back Gary and I went to a dinner party at Robyn's and she served creamy cucumbers AND she had a recipe!!

Creamy Cucumbers
[adapted from Robyn]
5-6 medium cucumbers (peeled and sliced)
1/2 onion (I like to cut into circles)
salt, pepper & dill to taste
1 cup mayo
2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup vinegar
1 cup sugar

Because my grandma always does this - I had to too. Once you slice the cucumber and onion - put it in a bowl with salt. Let sit for several hours. Rinse and drain several times. Then combine everything and enjoy!!

Thanks Robyn!!

No comments: