Monday, September 7, 2009

College House Brownie Bars

After an extended absence for no better reason than being busy, I am back with a recipe for brownie/chocolate lovers. :)
I came up with these last night after wracking my brain for something new I could make for Lucas. He just completed his first week of his last year of college in Eau Claire and I finished my second week of my internship in Abbotsford, so for the extended weekend I headed to EC to visit.
Now, you have to understand that in the kitchen of four college-aged guys... the baking supplies are few and far in between... so, I did what I could. These would be even better if I had made homemade brownies rather than box mix - so, I challenge you try doing that as well. Either way, I will promise a delicious product!


College House Brownie Bars

1 pkg family size brownies (my personal favorite are Duncan Hines brand - Chocolate Fudge)
3/4 cup peanut butter - I used chunky but would personally recommend creamy (but Lucas liked the chunky)
1 egg
1/2 cup sugar
2 handfuls of M&Ms, chopped
4-5 Oreo Cookies, crushed
2/3 cup white chocolate chips

Follow the directions on the box and place in a greased 9x13 pan. Then, mix the peanut butter, egg and sugar together. Spoon globs onto unbaked brownies and then using a butter knife, cut mixture into brownies to create a swirled effect and so that there will be peanut butter in each bite! Top with remaining ingredients and add some additional ones if you wish! Bake about 5 minutes longer than box requires. Enjoy!

No comments: