Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday S'Mores

I recently went to a Christmas party with our "adopted family" and found myself in baking heaven with soooo many new cookies, candies and sweets to put myself into a diabetic coma for a week! After completing the difficult task of taste testing each item (someone had to complete this difficult task!!!!), I found my new favorite cookie/bar of the holiday season to be the holiday s'mores! Being a new mom and a wife who is working extra hours, I found this recipe even more satisfying when I was told the recipe and realized just how simple, quick and tasty it was. 
So - stop at the grocery store on your way home and have fun baking these treats tonight! I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!!!!!!


Merry Christmas and Thank You to Holly for including me as part of her 12 Christmas Bloggers!!!
Michelle


Holiday S'mores
(Makes 36 bars)

12 Chocolate graham crackers(or enough to cover entire bottom of pan)
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1 cup  candy coated milk chocolate pieces (like M & M's - Christmas colors are a nice touch)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line 15 x 10 x 1" jelly-roll pan with aluminum foil leaving 1" overhang
on ends: spray foil with no-stick cooking spray. Place graham crackers onto foil so sides touch.

Melt butter and brown sugar in 2 quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth
and mixture just comes to a boil (4 - 6 minutes). Pour evenly over the graham crackers. Bake for
5 - 6 minutes or until bubbly. Remove from oven; sprinkle with marshmallows. Continue baking until 
marshmallows begin to soften (2 - 3 minutes). Sprinkle with candy. Cool completely. Lift from pan 
using foil as a handle. Cut into bars.

No comments: