Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Candy Cane Kiss Cookies.


The biggest battle for my taste buds play around Christmas is the whole peppermint thing. You may or may not remember from last Christmas that I am generally NOT a peppermint person. Read: no candy canes, mint chocolate, no peppermint bark, etc. BUT every now and then I change my mind. Like when I bought some candy cane kisses at Target the other day…and then I got home and had no idea what I was going to do with them. Thankfully Recipe Girl came through for me!

Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
(Recipe Slightly Adapted from Recipe Girl)

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 1/4 cups butter
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup Candy Cane flavored Hershey's Kisses (finely chopped)
Granulated sugar
30ish Candy Cane Kisses (unwrapped)

Place powdered sugar, butter, extracts and egg in mixer. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until creamy. Slowly add in flour and baking powder; mix until well blended. Stir in chopped Kisses. Shape dough into balls, roll in granulated sugar and place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Upon removing from the oven, place a candy cane kiss in the center of each cookie. Allow to sit for a few minutes and then swirl the kiss to flatten. Allow to cool and store in a covered container.

Yum. And now I want to make peanutbutter kiss cookies. Off to the store I go!

No comments: