Wednesday, June 10, 2009

With the Weather Lately...

Here's a delicious chili recipe!


I apologize for the poor picture -- but the chili was so good that the only thing I had left to take a picture was a small container of leftovers that Lucas will be eating today for lunch!

With the weather we've been having lately, Lucas suggested that I should make chili for supper, so yesterday I made a new chili recipe and it was delicious!

2 pounds ground beef
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons oregano
4 (14.5 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans
1 (15 oz.) can chili beans
Elbow noodles

Fry ground beef with garlic, add rest of ingredients and allow to simmer.

Feel free to add vegetables. Lucas isn't a big fan of onions, green pepper or celery, otherwise I would have added those. Also, some people don't serve their chili with noodles, so feel free to leave those out too. We ate our chili with shredded cheese, sour cream and saltine crackers. Hopefully this weather will warm up and I won't need to make chili again until the fall! :)

1 comment:

Barb said...

OHHHHHH that sounds good. I think I will make this for the guys tomorrow for lunch. You do have to add green peppers, onions & celery or it's not chili:)