Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Brushetta Pizza.

The moment I received my June/July Issue of Taste of Home I knew that I would be making the Brushetta Pizza featured on the cover. It didn't take me long either - maybe two days from the time I received the magazine to the time we were indulging in this ah-mazing pizza.

Don't know what is for supper yet? Make this.

Brushetta Pizza
(adapted from Taste of Home)

1 lb pork sausage
1/2 package turkey pepperoni
2 cups mozzarella cheese
homemade or pre-made pizza crust

1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar

Cook and drain the pork sausage. Top crust with pepperoni, sausage, and cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cheese is desired meltedness/color.

Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, basil, oil, garlic, and vinegar. Spoon over cooked pizza.

Cut and enjoy. If you are hesitant about not having "pizza sauce" you could open up a can and have it on the side for dipping. When I made my brushetta pizza I also made pizza fries - hence the dipping sauce. The pizza is equally delicious with or without dipping sauce.

1 comment:

Heidi Marie said...

This looks really delicious, but I was wondering if you think it will taste equally delicious without the pepperoni and pork sausage? Lucas and I are in a cooking rotation with some people on campus and some are vegetarians and I want to make different kind of pizzas on my night. :)