Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Peanut Butter & Nutella Cookies.



I'm beginning to test new cookies recipes that I'm interested in added to my Christmas baking list....a list I have a strong urge to actually get started on right now.  I usually wait until after Thanksgiving.  But I do have some cookies that freeze really well and would allow me to get a head start without losing quality.  And I'll start gifting them in only 5-6 weeks.  And I'll easily make at least 15 different cookies/candies.  I'm starting to feel  pressure!!  Maybe I can wait at least another week!


 So back to the most recent test addition to my baking list.
Peanut butter + Nutella = DELICIOUSNESS.  Seriously.


Peanut Butter & Nutella Cookies
(Recipe Adapted from Deligtful Bitefuls)
1/2 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 up nutella

Cream butter, peanut butter, and sugars.  Add egg and vanilla, mixing until combined.  Mix in flour and baking soda.  Swirl nutella thru dough using a butter knife.  Chill dough for 10-5 minutes.  Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet.  Use a fork and press down the balls in both directions to lightly flatten.  Bake in a 350 degree oven until edges are just starting to brown (about 8 minutes).  Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.


Although the Nutella flavor is not overwhelming, it's there and it makes these cookies.  Go ahead.  Make them.  Try to eat just one.

No comments: