Sunday, August 28, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup.

I know that it isn't September yet and I am enjoying every ounce of summer that's left, buuuut I'm also looking forward to fall. I love fall in Wisconsin. Love, love, love it! So, when one of my besties saw a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Syrup that claimed to be better than the ones you can buy at chain coffee shops I jumped at the opportunity to indulge in a little autumn ahead of schedule!

Pumpkin Spice Latte Syrup.
(Adapted from Cooking Like a Champion)

1 1/2 cups water
 1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 cinnamon sticks
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 tablespoons pumpkin puree

Dissolve sugar in water in a small pan over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients and allow to cook for about 7 minutes. Stir frequently and do not boil. Remove from stove, pour into bottle and store in the refrigerator.

To make a latte, use about 2 tablespoons of syrup for each shot of espresso. And if you do not have an espresso machine or are looking for a speedy alternative…you could use instant coffee and use 2 tablespoons of syrup for each heaping tablespoon of instant coffee. Add hot, frothed, or cold milk/ice and you’ll have yourself a delicious hot or ice latte.

Happy latte making!! And, yes, I’m off to make myself one right now…

No comments: