Sunday, August 14, 2011

Nutella Brownies with Cheesecake Topping.

Nutella.  I almost guarantee that a.) you've never heard of it or b.) you've heard of it and love it.  True?



Let me clear the air though...  I do not fall into either of these categories.  I've know about Nutella and purchased it on occasion for many years.  But guess what - I don't love it.  (Gasp!)  It's true.  I like it just fine, but it is hardly anything that I would gush about.  (At least until this recipe).



My mom on the other hand...she loves it!  Recently she saw an ice cream recipe and asked if we could make it for her since she does not have an ice cream maker.  We agreed.  When my husband (previously falling to the "a" category above) went about making the ice cream, he too, fell in love with Nutella (category "b").  And now my husband can't get enough Nutella.

This is where the Nutella Brownies with Cheesecake Topping come into play.  I set out to find deliciousness involving Nutella.  And I found it.  These brownies have leaning towards the Nutella lover side of things.

Nutella Brownies with Cheesecake Topping.
(Recipe from Babble via Pinterest; Method Adapted by Me)

Brownie:
4 eggs
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cocoa powder
1/2 cup nutella
1/3 cup flour

Cheesecake Topping:
8 ounce cream cheese
1/2 cup nutella
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs

Beat all of the brownie ingredients together.  Pour evenly into a greased 9x13 baking pan.  Using the same bowl, beat all of the cheesecake ingredients.  Carefully pour and evenly spread the cheesecake mixture over the brownie mixture.  Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30-35 minutes.  Allow to cool completely.  This is necessary for the cheesecake to set.  Once cool: enjoy!!  Refrigerate any uneven brownies.

Sounds heavenly, right?  They are.  Oh, and did you notice how simple the recipe is?  And how few dishes will need to be washed?  I LOVE this recipe!

No comments: