Sunday, October 24, 2010

Zucchini Stuffing.


I've been having some problems on here...I've attempted to post this three times now - from start to finish - and so this time I will just say that this recipe is amazing.  I had it at a pot luck at work in the form of a casserole, I got the recipe, made it my own by turning it into a side dish, and now present it to you.

Zucchini Stuffing
(adapted from Linda K)


2 medium zucchini (sliced & chunks)
1 large onion (chopped)
1 cup carrots (shredded)
2 cans mushrooms
12-16 ounce bag of sage and onion croutons
4 tablespoons butter
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small container sour cream
2 tablespoon chicken base (bouillon)

Saute veggies in butter with chicken seasoning until zucchini appears clear.  Combine soup, sour cream, and croutons.  Add cooked vegetables and combine.  Pour into baking pan.  Cover.  Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.  Uncover and bake for additional 20 minutes or until the top appears light brown.

I need to mention that Linda submitted this into our department's cooking contest and won first prize.  The dish was a big hit.  I think my version is just as big of a hit and will be a perfect fit on my Thanksgiving table.

 Enjoy!



No comments: