Monday, July 12, 2010

Tangy French Dressing.

One of the best things about pot lucks and attending other people's parties: the opportunity to try new things and learn new recipes.

As I thought about the lettuce taking over my garden and my grandfather's upcoming 80th birthday party I recalled attending my friend's "Salad Party" a couple years ago. Any salads were game! Pasta salad, lettuce salad, fruit salad. You name it, she had it! This included a homemade french dressing for the lettuce salad.

Through the magic of facebook I connected with her (hi Jacki!) and had the recipe in no time! I adapted it the ingredients I had on hand and viola!

Tangy French Dressing
Recipe Adapted from JW

1/4 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried garlic
1/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup vegetable oil

Place all ingredients into a shake proof container. Shake until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use. Shake again. Drizzle over your favorite greens!

No comments: