Thursday, January 22, 2015

Snicker Salad.

I feel like Snicker Salad is kind of a blast from my past.  And I guess when I look at our church cookbook that I used as a guide for this recipe, I suppose it really is a blast from the past.  Looks to me like the cookbook was published in 1998/1999?  Crazy.



Anyway, this is a delicious and easy 'salad' that will be welcomed at any potluck or when asked to bring a dish to pass.  AND, if you want to make it even easier, Snickers have created unwrapped BITE-SIZE bars that wouldn't even need to be chopped prior to adding to the salad.  I cut mine in half since I eat with a two year old, but if serving to older children and adults, I'd say don't even both chopping.



Snicker Salad
(Recipe adapted from my mom)

4 packages Snickers Unwrapped Bites (2.83 oz each if calculating how many regular sized bars you need)
3 medium apples
1 large box instant vanilla pudding
1 1/2 cups milk
16 oz Cool Whip

Whisk together pudding and milk.  Place in the refrigerator while chopping apple and snickers.  Remove pudding from fridge and mix with cool whip.  Combine completely.  Add apple and snicker chunks.  Mix to incorporate.  Serve within a few hours of making. 



This does keep as a leftover for about a day before the apples and snickers start to get funky.  It's not likely that you'll have leftovers, but I do want to give that fair warning!

Lighten up by going with sugar free pudding and/or using less snickers.  :)

No comments: