Saturday, May 18, 2013

Chicken Parmesan Meatballs.


Isn't chicken parmesan wonderful?  I think it's safe to say that it is my "go to" meal at Italian restaurants.  That being said, I make it more often at home than in a restaurant.  And I was excited when I saw a recipe for chicken parmesan meatballs because really, who doesn't love meatballs!? 


Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
(Recipe adapted from Dinner - A Love Story)
1 1/4 pounds ground chicken or turkey (I actually used turkey because that is what I had on hand)
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons dried onion
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon garlic
1 egg, whisked
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 can tomato sauce
½ pound noodles (prepared)
¼ package fresh mozzarella

Preheat oven to 400°F.  Using a mixer, mix together chicken, breadcrumbs, onion, parsley, parm cheese, garlic, and egg.  Shape into balls the size of a golf ball and place on a foil lined baking sheet.  Brush a bit of olive oil on each meatball.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Meanwhile, mix ¾ of your sauce with your noodles and place in an oven safe baking dish.  Remove meatballs from oven and set on top of the noodles.  Add a dollop of sauce and a slice of cheese.  Broil for 5 minutes. 
This is a pretty easy meal with a flair of fancy! 
And for those of you who follow us on facebook.  My husband did NOT use ketchup on these meatballs (and, yes, he often would even with the tomato sauce!)

No comments: