Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Summer Vegetable Tian.

Browsing the "Food & Drink" category on Pinterest has someone replaced my browsing of cooking and baking blogs.  It's just so easy to pop unto the Pinterest App vs firing up my computer.  Either way, actually making the foods that I find on blogs, pinterest, cookbooks, and magazines is key.


I had so much interest in this recipe that I made it the same day I found it.  Both because it looked easy yet delicious and because it allowed me to use some summer bounty.


Summer Vegetable Tian.
(Adapted from Budget Bytes)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
2 cups zucchini (sliced thin)
2 cups new potatoes (sliced thin)
2 cups roma  (or other variety) tomatoes (sliced thin)
2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
3/4 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil.  Spread evenly in the bottom of a shallow baking dish.  Layer zucchini, potatoes, and tomatoes upright throughout the baking dish.  Sprinkle evenly with thyme, salt, and pepper.  Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes.  Remove from the oven and take off the foil.  Sprinkle evenly with cheeses.  Return to the oven for 20 more minutes.  Remove from the oven, allow to cook slightly, and enjoy.

No comments: