Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chicken Burgers Milanese.


As you can probably guess, I collect recipes. I collect them from blogs, food websites, friends, family, and magazines. Every now and then I go through my files and toss/delete things that are no longer of interest, things I've made, but didn't fall in love with, and anything that is duplicate. At the same time I am reminded of recipes I want to try...

Chicken Burgers Milanese is one such recipe. It seemed easy enough for a week night supper and it had been a while since I'd actually gotten to do something productive in the kitchen. I was so set on making these that I went to the grocery store specifically for the ingredients - something I very rarely do. My special trip - worth it!


Chicken Burgers Milanese
(adapted from Red Book Magazine)
1 lb ground chicken
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 cup grated parmesan
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons dried italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
cooking spray
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic infused oil
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper
3 cups mixed baby greens
1 tomato (diced)

Mix chicken, zucchini, cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Once mixed, form 4-5 patties. Sprinkle one side of the burgers with breadcrumbs.


Spray a skillet with oil spray over medium heat. Lightly spray the breadcrumb side of the burger and place in skillet breadcrumb/spray side down. Cook for about 5 minutes or until golden. Flip burgers and repeat with the other side.



Prepare salad by tossing the mixed greens, tomatoes, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper. Put each burger on half a bun, top with salad and remaining half of bun.



1 comment:

Nicole said...

Sounds and looks like a delicious twist on a burger!